Friday, October 7, 2016

Biblical Support For Homeschooling

1.) Prov 22:6
How can I make sure that my child will go in the way he should go so that he will not be misled off the path of righteousness?
2.) Deuteronomy 6:4-10
How can I make sure that my children’s training in righteousness is consistent and continuous?
3.) 1 Timothy 3:4, and Titus 1:6
How can I make sure that my household is managed well and my children are ‘under control’ as a testimony of my maturity?
4.) Proverbs 13:24, 22:15, Hebrews 12:7f
How can I make sure that my children’s disobedience and sin are promptly and properly disciplined in love?
5.) Matthew 18:5,6
How can I make sure that I am not putting my children in situations where they will be tempted to sin, or worse, which cause them to sin?
6.) Proverbs 13:20
How can I make sure that my children walk with ‘the wise’ and do not become harmed as the ‘companion of fools’?
7.) 1 Corinthians 15:33
How can I make sure that my children’s good character is not corrupted by their falling in with ‘bad company’?
8.) 2 Corinthians 6:14
How can I make sure that my children do not become spiritually, emotionally, or socially ‘yoked together with unbelievers’?
9.) 2 Timothy 2:16-19
How can I make sure that my children are not under the authority and influence of false teachers and false teachings?
10.) Romans 12: 1-2
How can I make sure that my children do not become conformed to the world, but are transformed by the renewing of their minds?
11.) 1 John 2: 15-17
How can I make sure that my children are taught to love God and to do his will, and are not taught to love the world or anything in the world?
12.) Ephesians 5: 15-17
How can I make sure that I am being careful with my children’s lives, redeeming their time and making the most of my opportunities with them in an evil age?
13.) Proverbs 4:23
How can I make sure that I am guarding my children’s hearts against ALL ungodly influences?
14.) Ephesians 5: 11,12
How can I make sure that my children are not enticed by the ‘fruitless deeds of darkness’ or exposed to those things God calls ‘shameful’?
15.) Philippians 4:8
How can I make sure that my children’s minds are filled with and trained to think about only those things that God considers worthy of praise?

No comments: